This is my favourite SMG, the P90, and I’ll tell you why; This is already an incredible gun for its magazine capacity and handling, and I want an SMG to spit bullets at short range without running out of rounds every few seconds.
The P90 has great handling and a high rate of fire, so it doesn’t need a lot of improvement. Let’s tweak it and make it just a little better.
- Adding a scope will improve accuracy and range while reducing handling a little. You could probably add whichever scope suits you, but my favourite is the Panoramic Scope which doesn’t provide the biggest improvement, but is provides a fantastic clear red dot target, and has a thin frame that doesn’t obscure your view of the fight.
- The trigger I leave on full-auto and semi, almost exclusively using it in full-auto. But the semi-auto can be useful for headshots on single targets.
- There’s nothing we can do with the magazine but the P90 has a fantastic 50 round capacity to prevent those frequent reloads.
- The only option on the rail is the Laser 3Dot which I equip to massively improve accuracy while sacrificing only a tiny amount of handling, which we can afford.
- I leave the barrel alone as well because adding a long barrel to an SMG makes it more like an AR which is not its purpose.
- Finally of course it’s the suppressor, to boost noise reduction, stay stealthy and because I don’t have to worry about any drop off in damage with this as I have the ADV Suppressor skill unlocked in the Weapon skill tree.
Here I’ve built a very quiet and accurate gun with great handling and a high rate of fire, coupled with its 50 round magazine, and I still think its 90s styling looks great today.
This is the best SMG class I’ve found in my experimentation it works really well for me. If you’d like to build this yourself, all the links to find the P90 and accessories are above.
As an alternative, I’d like to add an honourable mention to the PP19, which isn’t nearly as customisable but it’s great off the bat with an even larger 64 round magazine and clear iron sights.
Please leave a comment on your favourite SMG load out below, and let me know how you use it and what you like about it.